Faculty of Music
Section 6: Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Performance
6.3 Program Requirements
Reminder: While Faculty of Music staff and faculty are available to clarify Faculty and university regulations and degree requirements, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that diploma and program requirements are met.
The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Performance requires the successful completion of 30 credit hours of coursework, subject to the following regulations:
- A minimum of 18 credit hours must be taken in the Faculty of Music (although all 30 may be taken within the Faculty).
- Required Courses:
- MUSC 5400 Major Practical Study, 6 credit hours, 1 hr. instruction/week or the equivalent
- MUSC 5560 Recital, 6 credit hours, 1 hr. instruction/week
- MUSC 5180 Ensemble 3 credit hours
- Electives will be chosen from available 3000 and 4000 level courses recommended by the advisor and approved by the Faculty of Music.