NOTE: There are 5 composite award competitions including this one and all have the same application requirements and deadline for the 17-18 competition - October 27th, 2017. If you intend to apply for multiple composite awards then only one set of application documents needs to be submitted. Please note on your cover sheet the names of all the composite awards you wish to be considered for with your application package.
*To apply, please submit the following items to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at 500 University Ctr. by the deadline.
1. Cover page - this should include the following information: your full name, University of Manitoba student number, University of Manitoba email address, your program and department (example: MA in Philosophy) and the name(s) of the composite award(s) you are applying for.
2. A copy of your current academic CV - please ensure it includes relevant work experience and academic experience, as well as any information on any other awards/funding that you currently hold and have previously held.
3. A statement (approx. 500 words) that speaks to your academic research interests and goals in your graduate program.
4. Two (2) academic letters of reference - ideally these letters should be submitted by professors who have recently supervised your research and are familiar with your academic performance.
Reference letters can be forwarded by one of the following methods...
- Included with a complete application package in a SEALED envelope with a signature of the referee across the seal.
- Forwarded directly to Graduate Studies, addressed to Sara Sealey, Composite Award, arriving in a SEALED envelope with a signature of the referee across the seal.
- Forwarded by e-mail from the referee directly to the Awards Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The preferred format is a PDF email attachment which must be signed by the referee (unsigned reference letters will not be accepted).
The selection committee is to be named by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Contact: Sara Sealey - Sara.Sealey@umanitoba.ca
Updated: September 22nd, 2017