The Faculty of Graduate Studies offers scholarships to recognize and reward the excellence of international graduate students pursuing Master's or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Manitoba. The scholarships, valued at up to the international differential tuition fee amount, will be offered to graduate students who:
(1) are international students (i.e., those in Canada on study permits);
(2) are enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in the second year of a Master's program with a two-year fee structure;
(3) are paying the international student differential tuition fee;
(4) have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 based on their last 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study or last equivalent two full years;
(5) show great promise as researchers and as graduate students;
(6) are not recipients of external award funding that pays for their tuition.
This scholarship may be held with the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) and other awards offered by the University of Manitoba, but may not be held in conjunction with the International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship or the International Graduate Student Bursary. Students may be considered for this scholarship in each year of eligible study. Students who are enrolled in a reregistration year and are paying only continuing fees are not eligible for consideration.
Scholarships will first be applied against tuition fees.
The selection committee will have the discretion to determine the number and value of awards offered each year based on available revenue.
Scholarships will be offered until available funds are exhausted. Funding will be confirmed on an annual basis.
This scholarship will be administered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies.